Before installing Sampos, be aware that Sampos requires
- Windows 98 SE, ME, NT, 2000 SP1, or Windows XP
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or Above
- IBM compatible Celeron 500MHz / AMD 500MHz Duron or higher
- Minimum 128MB Ram
- SamPOS PRO Works with Windows XP ONLY
Windows 2000 or XP is recommended for improved performance and additional enhancements.
- Insert CD. If auto-run does not start, run setup.exe from drive.
- Follow on screen instructions for SamPOS & SamPOS comms setup. Install in default directory.
- Restart PC when prompted. Windows will open to comms settings page.
- Select com port you will use in PC and match baud rate to register for Direct Connection or select modem or Dial Up connection.
- Start SamPOS from the start menu. A PC performance check will run the 1st time. Log in and set password. REMEMBER THIS INFO!
- At Add ECR's Wizard screen carefully review settings to match your circumstances. On most machines the default # of groups is 20. For US users, check the "ONLY SEND BARCODES" box in the lower right part of the screen.
- To import data from existing register go to TOOLS - IMPORT/EXPORT - IMPORT FOLES FROM ECR's, select ECR and the Do Operation button.
- See manual for setup of basic enviornment.
Last Modified 7/29/02